The House, Coronavirus Style
Quebec has given the go-ahead to rental properties as of June 1st, provided that rentals are limited to members of the same household and have a 24h space between them.
The MOC House is open to visitors beginning on July 3rd!
Sadly, the MOC cannot be its communal self for a while. There are significant changes to its operation.
- If you feel corona symptoms, stay home
- Stays are limited to members of the same household
- There will be a spacing of 2 empty nights between all rentals.
- There will be cleaning supplies provided: hand sanitizer for your hands and disinfectants for cleaning surfaces. It is your duty to wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant upon departure.
- We recommend bringing your own sleeping bag from home.
- You are to get all needed supplies at home and make the trip to the House in a straight shot.
- Physically distance in all activities, like when hiking. Avoid spreading anything to the folks in Prévost!
- The yard is only available for those who have booked the House. You cannot show up to camp.
There will be posted notices all over the House with these rules. Following them helps everyone. It is your job to make sure that the MOC House does not get shut down for violations.
The House calendar shows availability. Periods rented to a household group will be marked as unavailable (0 spaces) on the House calendar. The 2 night spacing periods will also be marked as unavailable. So when you go to book, all days marked available on the calendar are open to your household party.
-Names of each person going, and whether they are MOC members.
-The address your group lives at.
-The dates you want to stay at the house. One of us will let you know if your stay is possible, and if so, send you the fee that you will transfer to [email protected]. Once you pay you will have the code sent to you.
The nightly price, $15 the first night and $10 thereafter for members ($20 and $15 for non-members) remains unchanged. So does the policy that you must be an MOC member to book, and may bring 2 non-members as guests.
For over sixty years, the MOC has offered its members a chance to escape the stresses of the city by staying at our House in the Laurentian town of Prévost! Located 45 minutes north of Montréal by car, the House is a great place to relax and spend the night after a day of hiking, climbing, skiing, shinny, or swimming! The house is heated and has a two stove kitchen, four bedrooms, and two bathrooms.
Any MOC member may stay at the House and bring up to two guests each.
Members: $15 first night, $10 each night thereafter
Guests: $20 first night, $15 each night thereafter
Official House Rules
Please read the house rules before you go.
Respecting other MOC members, guests, and our neighbours and friends in the town of Prevost is very important! Please help us do our part to maintain our relationship with the community.
MOC House Manual
The House Manual contains everything you want to know when planning to go to the house. How to get there? What to bring? What are the important things to check before leaving the house? Note: The Boni-Choix has closed since publication of the Manual 🙁 Some other things are outdated, manual will be updated sooner or later.
Trails and maps
Detailed Biking Directions to Prevost
- From Gouin Boulevard, go North at the railroad tracks across an old railroad bridge into Laval.
- Continue to follow signs for the Route Verte 1 (they can be tricky). You should be continually moving NNW.
- Turn left onto the Boulevard-Sainte-Rose.
- Turn right onto the bridge out of Laval. There will be a bike path across the bridge and then it will kind of peters out. This is the only segment without a solid bike path. You will be biking along the Curé-Labelle (117N) for about 3km.
- Turn right on Chemin de la Cote Saint Louis. You are back on a bike path!
- Turn left on Route Verte 2.
- Continue to follow signs for the Route Verte 2 all the way to St Jerome, where it turns into the P’tit Train du Nord.
- Continue along the P’tit Train until kilometer 14, the old Prévost Train Station.
- Turn left onto rue de la Station. You are now within 500 meters of the House. If you’ve reserved your spot and paid your house fees, then you know the exact address and how to get the key. If you haven’t shame on you.
- Google Maps of the directions above
The house has been under the auspices of the club since 1954. Numerous improvements have been made, mostly by members themselves. We are quite handy, (and cheap!) so we welcome anyone with experience in home repair to contact us! You can read more about the purchase of the house here.
Interested in helping AT the House?
House Management usually runs two maintenance weekends, one in the fall and one in the spring. Volunteers get a free stay at the house, meals and transport in exchange for helping with cleaning, some repairs, etc. Stay tuned to our listserv for announcements!