The keys are no longer at the Couche-Tard!!
Due to irresponsible behaviour at the house, the town is enforcing fire regulations.
The capacity is now 8 people.
To ensure house capacity is respected, for all visits all members must submit a request to the house manager.
If your request is for mid-week and it's approved, you will need to come into the office and sign a house stay form in order to get the key.
If your request is for the weekend and it's approved, there will be an exec up there.
The McGill Students Outdoors Club is the ONLY club on campus that has its own house! Located about 45 minutes north of Montreal in the town of Prévost, the house serves as our home base for many trips, and gives us the freedom to have great get-togethers in a cozy environment away from McGill and the city.
Some highlighted features of the house include:
- Four bunk-bedded rooms
- Ski, snowshoe, and skate rental on-site
- Dual-stove, dual-refrigerator kitchen, and benched dining area
The House is for the exclusive use of MOC members and their guests.
We'd love to have outdoorsy, optimistic, and courteous people at the house.
This isn't a vacation home, so no families with young children, please.
To ensure house capacity is respected, for all visits you must submit a request to the house manager here.
|First Night||Following Nights|
Official House Rules
Please read the house rules before you go.
Respecting our neighbours is very important! Recently, there have been issues, and we met with them to work on improving relations.
Have a look at the letter we wrote ENG/FR so you can do your part!
MOC House Manual
The House Manual contains everything you want to know when planning to go to the house. How to get there? What to bring? What are the important things to check before leaving the house? Note: The Boni-Choix has closed since publication of the Manual :(
MOC TrailsOver many decades, the MOC helped cut most of the trails in the Prévost area, and we continue to help maintain them. They are great for hiking and cross-country skiing. In Fall 2013, the MOC created a new map of the trail network, which is available here. Bring a copy with you when you head up and enjoy the trails!
Detailed Biking Directions to Prevost
- From Gouin Boulevard, go North at the railroad tracks across an old railroad bridge into Laval.
- Continue to follow signs for the Route Verte 1 (they can be tricky). You should be continually moving NNW.
- Turn left onto the Boulevard-Sainte-Rose.
- Turn right onto the bridge out of Laval. There will be a bike path across the bridge and then it will kind of peters out. This is the only segment without a solid bike path. You will be biking along the Curé-Labelle (117N) for about 3km.
- Turn right on Chemin de la Cote Saint Louis. You are back on a bike path!
- Turn left on Route Verte 2.
- Continue to follow signs for the Route Verte 2 all the way to St Jerome, where it turns into the P'tit Train du Nord.
- Continue along the P'tit Train until kilometer 14, the old Prévost Train Station.
- Turn left onto rue de la Station and the Couche-Tard is right across the road! (Talk to the exec or someone who has been to the house if you are unsure of how to get the key or what the house address is)
The house has been under the auspices of the club since 1954. Numerous improvements have been made, mostly by members themselves. We are quite handy, (and cheap!) so we welcome anyone with experience in home repair to contact us! You can read more about the purchase of the house here.
Interested in helping out the good ol' MOC House?
Good news: we accept donations!
Interested in helping AT the House?
- ensure the house is kept clean and rules are respected
- maintain an accurate head count
- collect house fees
- report the condition of the house (if work needs to be done, and what supplies are getting low)
House Custodians are pre-arranged, and expected to fill out a form after each visit detailing how much money was collected, how many people were at the house, a checklist of what supplies are present, the general condition of the house, what extra work they did (if any), and how much transportation reimbursement is requested.